Whether it's stamps, coins, wine, sports memorabilia, silver or something else, we can help protect collections big and small.
We make it easy. Here are a few coverage highlights:
- Blanket or Scheduled Items: Protect an entire collection with blanket coverage, itemize your individual pieces, or do both. It's up to you.
- Coverage for Breakage of Fragile Items: Breakage of fragile items may be excluded on your homeowners policy but with a valuable articles policy, you're automatically covered.
- Mysterious Disappearance: Homeowner policies exclude coverage for lost or misplaced items, or what's often called "mysterious disappearance." But we'll automatically cover you for misplaced, lost, or stolen items.
- Newly Acquired Item Coverage: If you already have itemized jewelry or fine art on your Chubb policy and you add a new item to your collection, we've got you covered. Chubb provides automatic coverage for newly acquired similar items for 90 days up to 25 percent of the policy limit for fine art or jewelry.
- Inflation Protection: In certain cases, we'll pay up to 150 percent of the amount itemized on your policy to account for inflation.
- Liberal Appraisal Requirement: We don't require appraisals for individual jewelry pieces valued at less than $100,000 and fine art items valued at less than $250,000. All we need is a good description, and estimated value.
No matter how many precautions are taken, things break. Make sure your household help knows what to do if something happens. Collect and save all pieces. Even the smallest fragments might be the difference between a successful restoration and a disappointing one.
Disclaimer: This information is descriptive only. All products may not be available in all jurisdictions. Coverage is subject to the language of the policies as issued.