Chubb’s Masterpiece is specifically tailored to protect prestigious homes. But we don’t sell on price. We sell on providing outstanding cover and first class service.
- Extended Replacement Cost
Chubb understands what makes your house a home. Under the Deluxe House coverage, we have the Extended Replacement Cost option which is a unique feature of Masterpiece. After a covered loss, Chubb will pay to have your home repaired or rebuilt to its original beauty - even if the cost exceeds your policy limit. Most policies will pay only to the policy amount, however for Masterpiece we pay up to 200% of the policy limit under the Extended Replacement Cost option.
- Cash Settlement Option
Should you decide not to rebuild or to rebuild at another location, Chubb offers a Cash Settlement, up to your policy limit. It's your choice!
- Complimentary Home Appraisal
At Chubb, we provide a complimentary home appraisal for house coverage with sum insured of more than S$1 million. One of our professional appraisers will visit your house to note any special architectural details and interior features, and help to determine the amount of coverage you need. Our appraiser may also provide security and fire prevention advice and suggest ways to protect your valuables.
- Determining replacement cost—Many insurance companies use a home's market value (the price for which your home might sell) to determine the amount of coverage. Basic valuations can substantially overestimate the costs to rebuild, especially if the market is high. Market value also reflects a host of factors unrelated to building costs, such as the home's location or proximity to reputable schools. Chubb's home appraisal service can help you determine what it would cost to rebuild your home with similar quality materials and craftsmanship, thereby allowing you to decide on the amount of homeowners coverage you need.
- Learn how to better protect your home—Chubb's specialist appraisers are trained in the essentials of fire protection and home security. While at your home, they may suggest ways you can enhance your safety and safeguard the contents in your home.
How it works:
- If you receive this service from Chubb, one of our appraisers will visit your home. Our appraisers all have engineering backgrounds and are familiar with the local construction environment. If you wish, they can help you locate a specialist for valuation of your home's contents and valuables.
- The Chubb appraiser will take a number of measurements and record detailed information needed to help estimate your home's rebuilding costs. The appraiser also will photograph the interior and exterior of your home to document its features, and if needed, offer recommendations aimed at reducing the potential for loss. For most homes the process takes about an hour.
- Finally, for many customers, Chubb creates a bound report detailing our appraisal and recommendations and sends it to you and your agent or broker. Based on the information in the appraisal, you can work with your insurance agent or broker to decide on an appropriate amount of coverage.
- Once you and your agent or broker have reviewed the appraisal and a coverage amount has been agreed upon, you may want to consider Chubb's extended replacement cost feature. With this feature, if you have a total covered loss of your home, Chubb will pay up to 200% of the coverage amount to reconstruct your home, including its custom features.
Masterpiece covers all types of risks that can result in loss or damage to your contents, except those listed as exclusions. From furniture, TVs, sound systems, books, clothing, carpets, linen, we cover the full cost of replacing the contents up to the sum insured and we will not depreciate their value. Cash settlement is available at your option.
If you ever need to take your home contents with you when traveling, they are automatically covered wherever you go.