Chubb Canada specializes in property and casualty insurance commodities for small, medium and large energy companies. We are a market leader who understands the unique needs of customary and renewable energy-related risks, and we can respond with tailored solutions.
- Tailored products: a complete product portfolio that offers guard across lines of business, including General Liability, Property, Professional Liability, Environmental Liability and Excess Liability
- Access to award-winning ACE Worldview℠, a net-based information portal for brokers and risk managers with multinational insurance programs. ACE Worldview was most recently recognized in Best’s Review Magazine’s 2013 Innovators Showcase
- Acclimatized solutions: integrated property and casualty insurance products supported by sophisticated claim management and risk engineering service
- Ability to write worldwide exposures and furnish admitted paper in over 50 countries around the world
- General Liability
- Umbrella and Excess Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Accident & Special Risk
- Power generation and utility operations: wind; solar; and independent power manufacturers
- Biofuel plants:ethanol or biodiesel plants; landfill gas recovery; anaerobic digestion gas recovery; coal bed methane recovery; and algae
- Component part original equipment manufacturer (OEM): emerging and evolving renewable energy technology manufacturers; photovoltaic manufacturers; solar panel manufacturers; and wind turbine manufacturers
Whether you operate a large combined cycle co-generation facility or a small waste-to-energy plant, Chubb's Power Production Property Insurance coverage can be acclimated to your needs.
Our great and responsive "all-risk" property insurance coverage has some of the highest coverage limits in the industry, automatically protecting you against the exposures you face:
- Machinery breakdown insurance may be the biggest exposure you encounter, and our package policy can cover loss or damage to equipment due to mechanical breakdown, electrical arcing and steam explosion.
- Extra and expediting expense insurance helps you pay for the costs of getting your plant back into operation following a loss, damage or breakdown
- Contingent business income insurance protects you against a loss if one of your key suppliers or customers cannot operate due to a property loss
- Transit insurance enables you to pay for repairs to equipment damaged while being transported to or from your site
- Extended business income insurance provides you up to 12 months to get your operation back to the level that existed prior to the loss
- Loss to physical assets (e.g., turbines, boilers, transformers and powerhouses)
Oil & Gas
Chubb has been furnishing insurance and services to the oil and gas industry since the 1960's. We offer coverage on a global level to lease operators, non-operators, service contractors, drillers, and mid-stream companies.
We acclimate coverage to meet your needs and work to help you maintain a safe and profitable business.
- Property Insurance
- Machinery Breakdown
- General and Third Party Liability
- Sudden & Accidental Pollution
- Umbrella / Excess Liability
- Alternative Risk Transfer
Chubb is a leading global provider of risk and insurance solutions to the mining industry. For over fifty years, Chubb has served a broad spectrum of mining clients including gold and precious metals miners, diamond miners, coal miners, base metals, quarries, mining contractors, seismic and geophysical data collection and mineral exploration drilling.
We provide broad based coverage spanning all aspects of the mining cycle from international mineral exploration, through construction to operational risk. Mining coverages can include:
- Mining Property and Mining Income including Machinery Breakdown on a broad, mining specific policy wording. Coverage can include surface and underground property and mining equipment and can address unique mining coverage requirements such as tailings dams, heap leach pads, mine site power generation and precious metals coverage.
- General Liability coverage which can protect the mining company from suits alleging damage to third party property or bodily injury to third parties, and can respond to suits brought in Canada, the United States or the country(s) in which the mining company is operating if so extended.
- Automobile coverage for licensed vehicles operating on public roads. Coverage can be extended to include foreign auto liability insurance for coverage in excess of mandatory insurance provided by the foreign auto policy.
- Umbrella liability coverage for increased limits in excess of those provided by the General Liability and Auto Liability policies.
- Our leading International Prospectors Package provides coverage for the junior mining company for their operations around the globe.
Chubb’s long term focus on the mining industry brings together a team of specialized underwriters, risk engineers and claims specialists ready to respond to the needs of the global mining industry.
Alternative Risk Transfer (ART)
Chubb works closely with its power insurance customers to secure the right mix of coverage that helps manage both exposure and cost.
Facility Financing Insurance
When developing "soft costs" may be significant and lenders may require additional insurance to cover such costs in the event of a total loss.
General and Third Party Liability
Protection includes liability from movements at the plant site as well as for the owner/operator for any liability out of movements at the site.
Pollution liability insurance covers third-party bodily injury, property damage and clean-up costs.
In one single contract Chubb can provide additional liability coverage. Chubb can acclimate coverage to respond to moving organizational structures.