Reviews and audits of logistics chains
These include carriers’ security measures, contracts of carriage and third party warehouse inspections, including cold chain.
Project cargo risk management
Risk management and loss prevention on large infrastructure projects such as power stations, petrochemical refineries, steel mills, LNG trains, mining developments and port equipment.
This commences with identifying items critical to the start up of the project on time, with the shipment of these critical items monitored through:
- Approval of vessels to be used
- Review and approval of method statements for the inland transit, loading to vessel, discharge and onward carriage
- Checking of route surveys to site
- Supervision of securing critical Items onto ocean vessel or barge
- Packing of certain critical items
- Packing surveys
- Physical inspection and advice on preparation and packing of new and used equipment, including shipments with business interruption cover.
Vessel suitability reviews
Desktop or physical inspections of vessels carrying sensitive cargoes or where vessels are over 20 years old as requested by underwriters or clients.
Provision of training and educational services
These can include on site training on export packing, vehicle securing, load and warehouse security, and claims management.